Bickmore – Risk Control Specialist
If you have 5-10 years of experience in a safety role, we are looking for someone with your level of expertise. Come be part of an exclusive group of 11 safety professionals who are passionate about what they do and are anxious to bring someone aboard to assist in the following areas:
- Conduct client on-site safety training in areas such as injury and illness prevention, ergonomics, hazard communication, hazard identification, accident investigation, etc.
- Conduct on-site ergonomic evaluations and workplace inspections
- Provide assistance with customizing various client safety programs to ensure they are feasible, effectively implemented, and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Contact clients using GoToMeeting to provide website tutorials, verify assessment information, and answer safety related questions
- Write communications to apprise clients of new or timely safety information
- Collaborate with the risk control web master to ensure web page content is current and engaging
- Write concise, creative follow up communication to clients
A good background for this position might be experience as a safety coordinator within an organization or public agency, a safety coordinator for a construction company, a loss control professional at an insurance company or joint powers authority, or any other position that requires knowledge and application of Cal/OSHA regulations. The completion of technical course work in areas such as aerial lift/forklift, fall protection, confined space, ergonomics, and hazard communication is desirable.
This position requires strong presentation skills, possessing the confidence to deliver training sessions to large groups of people. In addition, exceptional writing skills, excellent communication skills, and dedication to customer service are essential, since this position will interact frequently with clients to answer safety related questions.
Bickmore is based in Sacramento, up to 50% travel within California is required, and some travel requires overnight stays. The ability to efficiently schedule appointments and coordinate travel is a key skill in order to ensure success in this position.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org