Truck Accessoies Group is seeking a qualified individual for a Regional EHS Manager position in Woodland, CA
Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal EHS rules and regulations and Truck Accessories Group (TAG) EHS policies, safety training requirements, workers compensation management, accident prevention, incident reporting, investigations and reviews, risk assessment and EHS auditing and assessment. The position is responsible for applying TAG’s corporate policies and ensuring compliance and accurate reporting in terms of environmental health and safety.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating existing facility EHS policies and procedures assuring their alignment with corporate and governmental regulations/policies and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Ensure facility compliance with all State, Local and Federal Regulations relating to EHS such as federal and state OSHA, EPA, CalOSHA, NFPA; Maintains positive relationship with Regulatory Agencies.
- Manage environmental issues such as Title V Air reports, Form R reports, and hazardous waste including recordkeeping and reporting.
- Remains current in changing EHS regulations to actively advise the organization as to potential business impact.
- Provide EHS leadership by partnering with operational business functions to enable efficient knowledge transfer of key skills to manager, supervisors and employees.
- Identifies and approves appropriate PPE for all job functions at each facility.
- Implement a Behavioral Based Safety program. Use data to solicit feedback on best solutions, assign involvement, gain approval and facilitate projects through to completion.
- Develop proactive safety plans in support of 5S and other PPS / lean initiatives that provide solutions necessary to build and sustain a safe working culture.
- Analyze/trend observation data and spend a significant amount of time on the production floor to identify needed safety improvement projects.
- Drive constant improvement in human, equipment, chemical, facility safety awareness and conformance to safe practices on and off the job.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve the knowledge and skill of the facility management and supervisors to positively impact the safe operations of the business.
- Analyze/interpret company safety metrics to proactively target and eliminate injury to associates through the development of facility-specific reduction plans.
- Execute a comprehensive facility inspection process to ensure continuous improvement while maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis of incident/accident investigations.
- In conjunction with each facility, develop and provide required regulatory training needs and oversees completion. Including maintenance of all record keeping processes.
- Supports HR in Worker’s Comp. reviews and ensures compliance.
- Participates and helps facilitate monthly safety team meetings for each division.
- Conducts regularly scheduled safety Audits Company wide.
- Participates with local emergency response ensuring that there is site preparedness for any crisis.
- Encourage employee participation through energy and passion for all EHS programs.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in environmental or related field is required.
- 3-5 years of overall experience in a lean manufacturing environmental health and safety field.
- Must be able to maintain specialized knowledge of federal and state EH & S regulations including OSHA, EPA, IDEM, NFPA, etc and other industry concerns EH & S guidelines and best practices.
- Experience managing environmental issues such as Title V Air reports, Form R reports, and hazardous waste including recordkeeping and reporting.
- Ability to multitask, effective time management skills and a basis for action.
- Must have fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office and related software packages.
- Occasional travel is required up to 50%.
- Ability to develop and implement environmental health and safety processes and procedures unaided.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective Presentation Skills.
- Very sharp, innovative and accustomed to “figuring it out”.
- Experienced with complex environments – e.g. multi-state, large employee base with unique demands.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence others to obtain objectives.
- Mature judgment and decision making ability.
- Work well within a team environment.
Email cover letter and resume to Chris Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org